Monday, December 20, 2010

Tehachapi in the rain, at dusk.

A complete polar opposite from the last time I drove Hwy 58. Last time I was driving the 2000 Volvo with pink clouds heralding the dawn, and the windmills gently turning were just about the only other things moving besides us. I could hardly tell there was a town there - it was light enough for street lights to be off, and I got the impression of a tiny hamlet just out of view from the highway.

Today we came out of Bakersfield in rush hour traffic, climbing the hill with RVs, other commercial trucks, and I assume commuters, in pouring rain. (We are beginning to wonder of we will find our way out of the rain this trip.) No sign of the windmills in the fading light, but the streetlights showed me how big Tehachapi is - I would never have guessed from my first drive through.

No comments:

Post a Comment