Thursday, December 16, 2010

LA Driving

First time driving in LA for me. Drove from Kingman, AZ and missed the best opportunity to pull over and let Collin drive. Since we were in a hurry, I just kept driving. It wasn't too bad. We were ahead of the lunch rush, and I didn't try to keep up with the fast traffic, opting instead to hang out in the right lane and leave stopping distance.

We did miss our exit onto the 605 due to construction, and I had my first experience being behind the wheel while we were lost in LA. Not fun driving on surface streets, but I pushed through and got back on track.

When we missed the next exit due to a difference of opinion about where the exit actually was, I got out from behind the wheel at a stoplight and let Collin drive while I used the iPad to figure out where we were in relation to where we needed to be.

(The iPad needs a little redemption, by the way. If I had been using the direction feature on the mapping program, I would have seen that it actually is pretty good about telling what the signs say, and it gives decent written directions. I still like to verify with directions given by a person who is actually at the site, though.)

The truck continues to be hinky on us. This time it didn't want to start, and we were afraid we were going to have to call emergency roadside service to get out from our pick, but once we were loaded, it started for us. (We took it into the shop again on Saturday and they said it was batteries.)

No comments:

Post a Comment