Thursday, December 23, 2010

Electrical Storm

Drove into the teeth of the biggest storm I've seen in a while, last night. Lightning lit up the sky for miles around, and seeming minutes at a time. Rain so hard I could hardly see the road for the standing water, and wind buffetting the truck. I'm happier driving a semi in that stuff, except we have a load of coiled rebar on.

I mean, I know we're not grounded because of the tires, but still... I was nervous enough to call the best voice of reason I could think of when it comes to vehicles. Thank you Johnny for your reassurance. ; )
 
We were coming out of Kingman, AZ and hit some weather that had the emergency broadcast system going, then the one I mention here was approaching Barstow, CA. Drove through some of the areas that were flooded but today they're mostly dried out.

No comments:

Post a Comment