Friday, October 29, 2010

Needed: New Truck

Long day. We started out in Linnton, OR (near Portland) unloading roofing material we brought up from South Gate, CA (LA). So we untarped, and while it was nice to get reloaded without moving the truck an inch, we then had to tarp again immediately. I like to think I'm helping more and more with that, but it sure takes a long time. And boy is it dirty work. I don't mind it, though. It's more physical work than I have done in a long time, and while my body is achy, it still feels better than just sitting at a desk day in and out.
After we tarped, we headed over to Tec Equipment to look at this truck that Tony the salesman has been telling us about. A 2006 Volvo, auto shift, with a 77" sleeper, fridge, inverter, double bunk, lots of storage... A good deal more space than we currently have. We worked a deal out and got payments down to where we needed them to be. Things could be a little tight until we really get out there, but I think we'll be able to manage.

No comments:

Post a Comment